I was given a challenge and I wanted to show you what I created to meet the challenge. I hope you will have a look at the sketch and come up with your own creation. If you do, please let me see it! You can post it here, or on our Stampinology FB page or show me by posting on Instragram, Twitter or Pinterest, you can tag me @loriothen.
Here is what I used to make my example:
Card base, Lemon Lime Twist card stock cut to 10.5cm x 14.85cm (or 4-1/8″ x 11″)
Gingham DSP cut to 14.2cm x 10.00cm (or 3-7/8″ x 10 1/2″)
Optional white card liner 14.2cm x 10.00cm (or 3-7/8″ x 10 1/2″)
Center band, Lemon Lime Twist card stock cut to 10.5cm x 3.3cm (4-1/8″ x 1-1/4″)
Center band, Gingham DSP cut to 10cm x 2.8cm (or 4″ x 1″)
2 Pieces of white card stock for stamping & embossing cut to approximately 15cm x 12.5cm (or 6″ x 5″) You will also need a small square to stamp the leaves.
Sweet Citrus Stamp and Hybird Cut & Emboss Bundle
Lemon Lolly Stampin Pad
Parakeet Party Stamp N Write
Shaded Spruce Stampin Pad (Garden green would also work well here)
Tinsel Gems Four Pack
* Cut card base, Designer Series Paper and optional white card liner and scrap for stamping/embossing.
* If you are using the optional piece of white liner, stamp it now and affix to the inside of the card.
* Next affix the large piece of DSP to the Lemon Lime Twist card base leaving approximately 2.5cm (or 1/8″) of the Lemon Lime Twist showing all around. Do the same for the small piece of DSP, affix it to the small piece of Lemon Lime Twist. In my card I used the back side of the scrap from cutting the larger piece of DSP. That’s the great thing about Stampin’Up designer papers, the back and front usually coordinate well.
* Place your small strip horizontally across your card front. Aim for about the center.
* Stamp both pieces of the lemon/lime stamp onto both larger pieces of white card stock with Lemon Lime Twist ink.
* Using the hybrid emboss & cut folder cut out both pieces of card stock. Tip: I found it easier to use a bit of washi tape to tape the cutting blade onto the embossing folder. This allowed me to slide the card around so that I could line up the stamping with the image on the cutting/embossing folder. You can use the extra embossed images in another project.
* I wanted the outside of the limes a slightly darker so I colored them in with the Stamp N Write marker Parakeet Party. I followed the raised lines of the embossing folder to even up the image and make the darker color stand out (up) more.
* The leaves were stamped onto the final piece of white card stock with Shaded Spruce and cut out using the leaf dies in the die set. As mentioned above I think Garden Green would be a great color to use for the leaves, wish I had thought of it before I finished the card…LOL
* I place the lime images onto the cardstock using dimensionals, the leaves are just tucked under the center image and glued down flat.
* Add a bit of sparkle with the Tinsel Gems in the Lemon Lime Twist color.